|South Park Mexican Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1970|
South Park Mexican is an American rapper and songwriter who has published the solo studio albums Hillwood (1995), Hustle Town (1998), Power Moves: The Table (1998), The 3rd Wish: To Rock the World (1999), Time Is Money (2000), Never Change (2001), Reveille Park (2002), When Devils Strike (2006), The Last Chair Violinist (2008), and The Son of Norma (2014). The last 4 of these albums had peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the US Independent Albums chart while the last 3 had peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the US Rap music chart. He has also released multiple collaboration albums, compilation albums, and mixtapes. He is the founder of Dope House Records, a Houston-based independent record label.
South Park Mexican, SPM
Houston, Texas, United States
Texas, United States
South Park Mexican had attended several elementary schools before entering the music magnet program at the Louie Welch Middle School in his hometown of Houston. He had later studied at the Woodson Middle School in the South Park neighborhood of Houston. He then joined Charles H. Milby High School, a public secondary school in Houston. He studied there until he was expelled in 1987 while in the 9th grade.
He eventually attained a General Educational Development (GED) certification (a group of 4 subject tests which, when passed, provide certification that the test taker has American or Canadian high school-level academic skills). He had then enrolled himself for a business associate’s degree at the San Jacinto College: Central Campus, a public community college in Pasadena, Texas. He had, however, failed all his classes there.
- Father – Arturo Coy (Former Member of the United States Marine Corps)
- Siblings – Sylvia Coy (Sister), Arthur Coy Jr. aka Tudy (Older Brother)
Hip Hop, Rap, Gangsta Rap, Chicano Rap, Chopped and Screwed, Southern Hip Hop, Freestyle Rap
- Dope House Records
- Universal Music Group
- Uptown Records
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
South Park Mexican has dated –
- Gina Acosta – Through his long-term marriage to Gina Acosta, South Park Mexican has 2 children – a daughter named Carley Brown (née Coy) (Entrepreneur) and a son named Carlos Coy, Jr. (Musical Artist).
He also has a son named Jordan Dominique Odom from a previous, unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Stocky frame
- Sports a goatee
South Park Mexican Facts
- His mother had dropped out of high school to marry his father but the pair got divorced just 3 years after his birth. He had once stated in an interview that his sister, Sylvia, was a ‘mother figure’ to him while he was growing up.
- He had become a crack cocaine dealer during his early teenage years but had stopped the trade in a few months. After failing all his classes at the San Jacinto College: Central Campus, he had started working at a chemical plant for minimum wage. After losing that job, he worked as a door-to-door perfume salesman and had returned to being a crack cocaine dealer.
- He had started his career in the music industry as a rapper in the Christian hip hop genre, a subgenre of contemporary Christian music and hip hop music. However, he soon realized that this genre did not gain him much attention. In 1995, he, his older brother Arthur, and one of their friends had founded an independent record label called Dope House Records.
- He debuted as ‘South Park Mexican’ later that year with his debut solo album titled Hillwood (1995). His stage name is derived from the South Park neighborhood of Houston where he was brought up. His 2nd album, titled Hustle Town (1998), became a huge hit in the Houston underground rap scene.
- In February 2000, he had signed a joint venture deal between his label and Universal Music Group which had earned him USD 500k in advance and national distribution.
- In September 2001, local police arrested him on a charge of aggravated s*xual assault of a child who was 9 years old at the time of the alleged incident. He was released from county jail after posting bail. A county jury had indicted him in December 2001 and had added another charge over a 1993 incident when he had allegedly impr*gnated a then-13-year-old girl who had later demanded child support payments from him.
- 2 other charges against him followed in March 2002 for the s*xual assault of 2 14-year-old girls after which he was held without bail. His trial started in May 2002 when the aforementioned 9-year-old girl’s mother had testified that the girl had left a sleepover because of his abuse. A day later, that girl testified in court that he had touched her inappropriately when she was sleeping.
- Later that month, he was sentenced to 45 years in prison and ordered to pay a USD 10k fine. Although his projected release date was April 8, 2047, he was eligible for parole in October 2024. He maintained his innocence throughout the trial and even after his sentencing.
- Throughout his incarceration, there have been persistent messages from online posters calling for his release. While incarcerated, he continued to record music and released the following albums – When Devils Strike (2006), The Last Chair Violinist (2008), and The Son of Norma (2014).
Featured Image by South Park Mexican / Instagram