|Stacey Abrams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Stacey Abrams is an American politician, lawyer, political activist, and author who had served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2007 to 2017, including as the minority leader from 2011 to 2017. She is the founder of Fair Fight Action, an organization that works to fight voter suppression, and the efforts of this organization were credited with helping the Democrats narrowly winning Georgia in the 2020 presidential election. She is also an accomplished author of both fiction and nonfiction work with her novels having sold more than 100k copies.
Stacey Yvonne Abrams
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Stacey had graduated from the Avondale High School, a now-defunct school in unincorporated Dekalb County, Georgia, as valedictorian, and was selected for a Telluride Association Summer Program, a selective 6-week educational experience for high school seniors. She had then joined Spelman College in 1991, a private, historically Black, women’s liberal arts college in Atlanta. She had graduated from there in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in interdisciplinary studies (political science, economics, and sociology), magna cum laude.
As a Harry S. Truman Scholar, she had joined The Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs in 1995, a graduate school at The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin), a public research university in Austin, Texas. She had studied public policy there and had earned a Master of Public Affairs degree in 1998. In parallel with this, she had joined the Yale Law School in 1996, the law school of Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut. She had graduated from there in 1999 with a Juris Doctor degree.
Politician, Lawyer, Political Activist, Author
- Father – Robert Abrams
- Mother – Carolyn Abrams
- Siblings – Leslie Abrams Gardner (Younger Sister) (Attorney), Andrea Abrams (Sister), Richard Abrams (Brother), Walter Abrams (Brother), Jeanine Abrams McLean (Sister)
- Others – Walter Abrams, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Wilter Mae Davis (Paternal Grandmother), James Hall (Maternal Grandfather), Lillie Bell Brockington (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
85 kg or 187.5 bs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Stocky frame
- Short-cropped, afro hairstyle
Stacey Abrams Facts
- Born in Madison, Wisconsin, Stacey was raised in Gulfport, Mississippi, after which the family had relocated to Atlanta, Georgia, where her parents were to attend Emory University. Both her parents later became Methodist ministers.
- When she was in high school, she was hired as a typist for a congressional campaign. She was later hired as a speechwriter after her senior in the campaign had been impressed by the edits she had made while typing.
- While she was in college, she had worked in the youth services department in the office of Maynard Jackson who was the mayor of Atlanta then. She had also served as an intern at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- In 2018, she had become the first African-American female major-party gubernatorial nominee when she was named the Democratic nominee in the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election.
- In February 2019, she had become the first African-American woman to deliver a response to the ‘State of the Union’ address.
Featured Image by Stacey Abrams / Instagram