|Stephen Thompson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1983|
Stephen Thompson is an Amerian professional mixed martial artist who fights as a welterweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Before he landed a professional career in mixed martial arts, he was a former full-contact kickboxer who was undefeated through 37 amateur and 20 professional kickboxing matches.
Stephen Randall Thompson
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Ray Thompson (Professional Kickboxer)
- Others – Carlos Machado (Brother-in-Law) (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion)
He is represented by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Mixed Martial Arts Promotion Company, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Thin Lips
- U-shaped Jawline
He has done endorsement works for brands and companies such as –
- G Fuel
- Octagon Orange
- Strike Force Energy
- The Protein Pizza
Stephen Thompson Favorite Things
- Attacks During Fights – Darting Cross, Drive-By
Source – MMA Mania
Stephen Thompson Facts
- He grew up in a family of martial artists and his father who was a professional kickboxer also owned an Upstate karate school situated in South Carolina, United States. There, he served as the head instructor of the children’s karate program.
- His brother is married to Chris Weidman’s sister.
- He was first trained and managed by his father, Ray.
- Thompson started competing in kickboxing and karate at the age of 15.
- He studied martial arts when he was younger and has acquired black belt ranks in Tetsushin-ryū Kempo, American Kickboxing, and Jujutsu.
- He has studied Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under BJJ champion Carlos Machado.
- In 2006, he was ranked no. 1 in Chuck Norris‘s World Combat League.
- He has been featured in Martial Arts Digest magazine, Fighter magazine, and MMA Authority magazine.
- He has performed with his father at the Peace Center for the Performing Arts in the “Athletes Project” and has also appeared in numerous TV commercials.
- Thompson fought against Raymond Daniels in a highly anticipated bout but lost via technical knockout due to a knee injury he suffered which left him incapable to continue the fight. This later resulted in a no contest.
- On February 4, 2012, he won a fight against Dan Stittgen via KO in the first round after he landed a flush head kick. For demonstrating an impressive performance during the fight, he was then awarded “Knockout of the Night” honors. In April 2012, he had another match against Matt Brown at UFC 145 where he lost via unanimous decision.
- In his entire MMA career, Thompson has fought top MMA fighters including Matthew Riddle, Chris Clements, Robert Whittaker, Patrick Côté, Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald, Tyron Woodley, Jorge Masvidal, and Darren Till.
- On March 23, 2019, he faced former UFC Lightweight champion, Anthony Pettis, in the headliner of UFC on ESPN+ 6. He lost the fight via knockout in the 2nd round, which marked the first time he has ever been stopped in both MMA and kickboxing competitions. Following the defeat, he was quick to bounce back after beating Vicente Luque in a fight at UFC 24 where he won via a unanimous decision. The victory earned him the “Fight of the Night” award.
Featured Image by Stephen Thompson / Instagram
The post Stephen Thompson (Fighter) Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.