|Summer Bishil Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Summer Bishil is an American actress who is known for having played a wide range of characters in several films and shows such as Margo in The Magicians, Samira in Lucky 7, Azula in The Last Airbender, and Priscilla in Pop Star. Moreover, she has also gained a decent fan base on social media as she enjoys more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Summer Yasmine Bishil
Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Summer Bishil has studied in British and American schools. Later, she was homeschooled by her mother and after that, she got enrolled at Citrus College located in Glendora, California.
- Siblings – Skylar Bishil (Older Brother), Sunshine (Older Sister)
- Others – Harry Thomas Rimer (Maternal Great Grandfather), Clara Mae Spears (Maternal Great Grandmother), Manuel Rivera (Maternal Great Grandfather), Ramona Mejia (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Summer Bishil is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates L.A., Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian, White, and Hispanic)
Summer Bishil is of Indian descent on her father’s side and has German, English, Dutch, and Mexican roots on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Summer Bishil has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Vince, Chiara Boni La Petite Robe, BronxandBanco, and Davines.
Summer Bishil Favorite Things
- One Of Her All-Time Favorite Shows – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Source – NoOrdinaryNerd.com
Summer Bishil Facts
- Her family shifted to Saudi Arabia when she was 3 years old and they later relocated to Bahrain. Then, they returned to the United States after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
- Summer Bishil had to face a lot of prejudice on her return to the United States because of the post-9/11 tension and she has said, “I hated it. I was called a wh*re on the first day of school, and somebody said they thought my dad funded terrorism. I just knew that nobody was ever going to want to be my friend there. I had panic attacks during the first year of my life here.”
- She was around 5 years old when she developed an interest in acting.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by starring as Jasira Maroun in the drama film, Towelhead, alongside Aaron Eckhart and Toni Collette. For this role, she won the Young Hollywood Award in the “One to Watch” category and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award in the “Best Actress” category in 2008.
- In 2007, Variety named her as one of the “Ten Actors to Watch”.
- Summer Bishil was also featured as one of the young celebrities in Vanity Fair‘s cover article titled “Hollywood’s New Wave: The Hottest Kids in Hollywood” in August 2008.
- She has starred as Margo Hanson, the very charismatic close friend of Eliot, in the fantasy television series, The Magicians, alongside Jason Ralph, Stella Maeve, Olivia Taylor Dudley, and Hale Appleman.
Featured Image by Summer Bishil / Instagram