|Sunny Kaushal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1989|
Sunny Kaushal is an Indian actor who rose to fame after essaying the part of hockey player Himmat Singh in the sports drama film Gold (2018). He gained further acclaim by starring in several other movies like Bhangra Paa Le (2020) and by getting featured in various web series such as The Forgotten Army – Azaadi Ke Liye (2020). He is the recipient of many accolades including being nominated for the Screen Awards in 2018. He has garnered more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He attended The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India but later on left it, in order to pursue his acting career.
- Father – Sham Kaushal (Stuntman, Action Director)
- Mother – Veena Kaushal (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Vicky Kaushal (Older Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sharvari Wagh (2021-Present) – He began dating his former co-star Sharvari Wagh in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beard and mustache
- Cheerful smile
Sunny Kaushal Favorite Things
- Song From His Film Shiddat – Chitta
Source – Instagram
Sunny Kaushal Facts
- He has recollected that he had grown up in a chawl in Mumbai. His father was a stuntman and his mother was in Punjab, and they had shifted to Mumbai after getting married and began to live in a colony. He has been extremely proud of the journey and great success of his father. Sunny has been grateful for the opportunities he has got and the way his life has turned out.
- He had kickstarted his acting career by performing in theater plays and skits.
- He has affirmed that he has never had any pressure due to his brother being in the same industry as him, as both of them have had their unique and individual journeys. He has added that the place his brother has reached has only been inspirational for Sunny. There has been a constant comparison between Vicky and himself that has never bothered him and he has found it encouraging that people have expected great things from him.
- He has disclosed that both he and his brother have gone to their father for advice, as he has years of experience in the world of cinema. However, he has relished how his father has always ensured that his sons know that it is finally their own decision as it would be them who would do the movie, and they would know their own criteria and what would suit them the best.
- He has been amused at how, in spite of his rough and tough look, filmmakers have seen him as a romantic person that has led him to land romantic roles, that has enjoyed playing. He has believed everything in life to have some romance in it, and that romance is a powerful motivation that can drive forward any story.
- He got ranked in the list for The Times Most Desirable Men at number 38 in 2019.
- He has revealed that the character of Himmat Singh was far from his real self as he had been more of a dancer and painter growing up, and hockey was the first sport he learned ever, for his role.
Featured Image by Sunny Kaushal / Instagram