|Suriya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1975|
Suriya is a prominently known Indian actor, producer, and TV presenter who has appeared in more than 2 dozen films including super hits like Kaakha Kaakha (2003), Pithamagan (2003) Perazhagan (2004), Ghajini (2005) and Vaaranam Aayiram (2008). On the other hand, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 3.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 7 million followers on Twitter.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Suriya studied at the Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School. Later, he attended St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Chennai.
After completing his schooling, he completed his undergraduate degree in B.Com from Loyola College, Chennai.
Film Actor, Producer, Television Presenter
- Father – Sivakumar (Actor)
- Mother – Lakshmi
- Siblings – Karthik Sivakumar (Younger Brother) (Actor), Brindha Sivakumar (Younger Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Surya has dated –
- Jyothika Saravanan (2001-Present) – He and actress Jyothika married one another on September 11, 2006. They have two children, a boy named Dev (b. June 7, 2010) and a girl named, Diya (b. August 10, 2007). They have appeared in more than 6 films together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular physique
- Curly hair
- Thick eyebrows
Suriya has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Nescafe Sunrise
- Saravana Stores
- Quickr Cars
- Aqua Ace
- He is the eldest of 3 siblings.
- Like Surya, his younger brother Karthik is also an actor.
- Surya inherited his passion from his father Sivakumar who is also an actor and visual artist.
- Prior to having made his debut in the film industry, Suriya worked at a garments factory. He even managed to work anonymously without anyone knowing that he was the son of then established Sivakumar.
- Suriya got his first film offer for Aasai which was released in 1995. However, at the time, he had rejected it and stated that he had no interest in starring in the film.
- In 1997, Surya starred in his film titled Nerrukku Ner.
- He started the Agaram Foundation in 2008 which provides children with educational opportunities.
- In 2004, he was chosen to be the face of Pepsi in Tamil Nadu alongside actor R. Madhavan.
- He has served as the face of the “Tanker Foundation” and also appeared in their AIDS awareness short films.
- In 2012, he made his debut as a TV presenter on Star Vijay’s Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi (In English “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?”).
- He started the film production and distribution company 2D Entertainment in 2013.
- In 2013, Suriya was presented with the Edison Award for “Best Male Endorser in South India.”
- Forbes’s India listed him on the “Celebrity 100 List” in 2013 at #33. At the time, he had a registered earning of INR 485 million and in 2017, he was listed on the list at #25 with a net earning of INR 340 million.
- Surya is actress Samantha Akkineni‘s favorite actor.
- He had to change his stage name from “Saravanan” to “Surya” as a result of a name clash with an already established actor.
Featured Image By @manikandan569 / pxhere.com / CC0 Public Domain