|Swathi Reddy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1987|
Swathi Reddy is an Indian-Russian actress, television presenter, playback singer, and voice actor who came to prominence with her important portrayal of Thulasi in the Tamil film Subramaniapuram (2008). Nevertheless, Swathi has also appeared in a number of other Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam films including Ashta Chamma (2008), Golconda High School (2011), Poraali (2011), Amen (2013), Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal (2014), Vadacurry (2014), Double Barrel (2015), and London Babulu (2017). On the other hand, Swathi is known as the “colors Swathi” which given to her after her stint on the TV show Colours.
Besides acting, she is also a talented playback singer who has lent her vocals to the release of various songs including Unbelievable for the film Katha Screenplay Darshakatvam Appalaraju (2011), A Square B Square for 100% Love (2011), and Yo Yo Yo Memu Antha for the film Swamy Ra Ra (2013). The beautiful aesthetic actress has also managed to garner a huge fan base with more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Vladivostok, Primorsky Krai, Russian SFSR, USSR
Swathi studied at SFS High School in Visakhapatnam before moving to Hyderabad, where she completed her further studies in biotechnology from St. Mary’s College, Yousufguda.
In the past, Swathi also enrolled for the Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test.
Actress, Television Presenter, Playback Singer, Voice Actor
- Father – Siva Rama Krishna (Indian Army Officer, Submariner)
- Mother – Nagendramma
- Siblings – Siddharth Reddy (Younger Brother)
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Swathi Reddy has dated –
- Mahesh Babu – In the past, Swathi and actor Mahesh Babu were rumored to be dating one another. However, the assumptions did not flare-up to anything.
- Srinivas Reddy (2016) – Swetha and her mother made it into the spotlight as they had fought in the police station in Banjara Hills. According to Swetha’s mother, she had been dating a married man by the name of Srinivas Reddy and had left the house with him. However, Swetha told the media that she had no such relation with anyone by the name of Srinivas Reddy.
- Vikas Vasu (2018-Present) – Swathi and Malayali pilot Vikas Vasu met one another through an acquaintance and it was love at first sight for Vikas. However, it was not the same for Swathi in the start as she had kept him at a safe distance. Nevertheless, in the long run, Vikas’s is love eventually prevailed and the couple got married to one another on August 30, 2018. The wedding took place with Hindu customs and the beautiful bride wore a Kanchipuram silk saree for her special occasion.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Protruding eyes
- Thin upper lip
- When she smiles a misaligned tooth is visible
Swathi has appeared in commercials for various brands including Cadbury‘s Dairy Milk.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Thulasi in Subramaniapuram (2008), Lavanya in Ashta Chamma (2008), Anjali in Golconda High School (2011), Bharathi in Poraali (2011), Shoshanna in Amen (2013), Isa in Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal (2014), Naveena in Vadacurry (2014), Laila/Babushka in Double Barrel (2015), and Suryakantham in London Babulu (2017)
- Getting nominated and receiving various awards including the Filmfare Award, Nandi Award, and Vijay Award
- Being known as the “Colours Swathi” after her hosting stint on a show called Colours
As a Singer
Swathi has contributed her vocals to the release for various soundtracks including Unbelievable for Katha Screenplay Darshakatvam Appalaraju (2011)A Square B Square for 100% Love (2011), and Yo Yo Yo Memu Antha for Swamy Ra Ra (2013).
Swathi made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Lakshmi in Danger in 2005. Also, cast in the lead role was actor Allari Naresh, Sairam Shankar, Abhishek, Swathi, and Shireen.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as Thulasi in Subramaniapuram in 2008 alongside actor Jai and Ganja Karuppu.
Swathi made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Shoshanna in Amen in 2013. She worked along with the likes of actors like Fahadh Faasil, Indrajith Sukumaran, Kalabhavan Mani, Natasha Sahgal, and Rachana Narayanankutty.
As a voice actress, Swathi made her theatrical debut as the dubbing voice for actress Ileana D’Cruz for her Jalsa in 2008.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as “Host” in the show called Colors.
Swathi Reddy Facts
- Her birth name is “Svetlana.” However, she had it changed to Swathi upon her return to India.
- She spent her initial years in Vladivostok, USSR as her father who is an Indian naval officer was training to a submariner in the Soviet Union at the time of her birth. Later, she and her family moved to Visakhapatnam
- Swathi had partially spent her early years in Mumbai and then rest of her childhood on the Eastern Naval Command, which is situated in Vishakhapatnam.
- She shifted to Hyderabad while studying in class 11 and upon completing her studies, Swathi went on to graduated with a degree in biotechnology.
- In the past, she sat for the “Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test” but began exploring the line of entertainment. At the age of 17, she began hosting a television show that was titled Colours. Thereafter, the young actress was switched to the primetime slot and hosted a total of 150 episodes.
- She had barely completed her first year of college when she made her debut theatrical film appearance as Lakshmi in director Krishna Vamsi’s Telugu thriller film Danger in 2005.
- Not only is Swathi a singer and actor, but she has also lent her vocals as a voice actress in the film Jalsa (2008) as well as in an HIV/AIDS animated software for a non-profit organization called TeachAIDS.
- In February 2016, Swathi and her mother Nagendramma got into a scuffle at the Banjara Hills police station. According to sources, Swathi had been lured into moving away from home with a married man named Srinivas Reddy. Later, the police officials had to intervene to get the situation under control. Later, the actress began crying and told the media that, she had not been in any sort of affair with Srinivas and she had left due to financial matters and not under anyone’s influence.
- Follow Swathi on Facebook and YouTube.
Featured Image By Swathi Reddy / Facebook