|Sydney McLaughlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1999|
|Boyfriend||Andre Levrone Jr.|
Sydney McLaughlin is an American professional hurdler and sprinter who had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games (400 m hurdles, 4×400 m relay), the 2019 Doha World Athletics Championships (4×400 m relay), the 2019 Diamond League (400 m hurdles), and the 2015 Cali World Youth Championships (400 m hurdles). She had also secured the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2019 Doha World Athletics Championships (400 m hurdles) and the 2016 IAAF (International Amateur Athletic Federation) World Under-20 Championships (400 m hurdles).
Sydney Michelle McLaughlin
New Brunswick, Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States
New Jersey, United States
Sydney had attended the Union Catholic Regional High School, a private Catholic school in Union County, New Jersey. After her high school graduation in 2017, she had signed a National Letter of Intent (a document used to indicate a student athlete’s commitment to participating in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) colleges and universities in the United States) to attend the University of Kentucky, a public land-grant research university in Lexington, Kentucky. In June 2018, after representing the Kentucky Wildcats, the intercollegiate athletic squad of the institution, for about a year, she had forfeited her college eligibility to turn professional.
Professional Hurdler and Sprinter
- Father – Willie McLaughlin (Former Sprinter)
- Mother – Mary Neumeister McLaughlin (Former Runner)
- Siblings – Taylor McLaughlin (Older Brother) (Runner, Hurdler), Morgan McLaughlin (Older Sister) (Runner), Ryan McLaughlin (Younger Brother) (Track Athlete)
- Others – Helen Neumeister (Maternal Grandmother), Mike Neumeister (Maternal Uncle)
She is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent Management Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
400 m Hurdles, 400 m, 4×400 m Relay
Sydney McLaughlin’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
60 kg or 132.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sydney has dated –
- Andre Levrone Jr. (2020-Present) – Sydney had started dating professional American football player Andre Levrone Jr. in 2020. They had announced their engagement on August 25, 2021, at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African-American descent on her father’s side and American descent on her mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Sydney has been sponsored by the American sports footwear and apparel brand New Balance. After a bidding war in October 2018, she had been signed by the company up for about USD 1.5 million in annual base pay.
In June 2021, she had been appointed a brand ambassador for the Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer.
Sydney McLaughlin Facts
- Hailing from a family of sprinters and runners, Sydney had taken to running very early, following her older brother Taylor and older sister Morgan. Her younger brother, Ryan, too, was an excellent track athlete at high school.
- At the end of the 2015-16 season, she had been named the ‘Gatorade Girls National High School Track and Field Athlete of the Year’.
- She had stood 3rd in the 400 m hurdles event at the 2016 USA Olympic trials and had become the youngest athlete since 1980 to qualify for the American track and field team for the Olympics.
- In March 2018, she had set the junior 400-meter world record (50.36 seconds) at the 2018 NCAA Division I Indoor Track and Field Championships. 2 months later, she had broken the collegiate and NCAA record in the 400 m hurdles event (52.75 seconds).
- At the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, she had set a World Record and Olympic Record in the women’s 400 meters hurdles event with a time of 51.46 seconds in the final run.
- She was also the first woman to break the mark of 52 seconds in that event when she had clocked a world record time of 51.90 seconds at the 2020 USA Olympic trials.
- In August 2021, the borough of Dunellen in Middlesex County, New Jersey, had named the track at the town’s Columbia Park after Sydney.
Featured Image by Sydney McLaughlin / Instagram