|Talia Shire Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1946|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Talia Shire is an American actress, producer, and director who is known for playing several popular roles such as Connie Corleone in The Godfather films and Adrian Balboa in the Rocky series.
Talia Rose Coppola
Lake Success, Nassau County, New York, United States
Talia Shire studied at William A. Shine Great Neck South High School located in the Lake Success village of Great Neck, New York. Then, she attended Yale School of Drama (also known as YSD) which is a graduate professional school located in New Haven, Connecticut.
Actress, Producer, Director
- Father – Carmine Coppola (Composer, Flautist, Pianist, Songwriter, Orchestrator)
- Mother – Italia (née Pennino) (Matriarch of the Coppola family)
- Siblings – August Coppola (Older Brother) (Academic, Author, Film Executive, Advocate for the arts) (Father of Nicolas Cage), Francis Ford Coppola (Older Brother) (Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Film Composer, Vintner)
- Others – Nicolas Cage (Nephew) (Actor, Filmmaker), Sofia Coppola (Niece) (Screenwriter, Director, Producer, Former Actress), Anton Coppola (Uncle) (Composer, Opera Conductor), Agostino /August Nicola Coppola (Paternal Grandfather), Carmine Coppola (Paternal Great Grandfather), Filomena Coppola (Paternal Great Grandmother), Maria Lillian Zasa (Paternal Grandmother), Pancrazio Zasa (Paternal Great Grandfather), Antonia Montesano (Paternal Great Grandmother), Francesco “Frank” Pennino (Maternal Grandfather) (Composer), Anna Giaquinto (Maternal Grandmother)
Talia Shire is represented by Elkins Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Talia Shire has dated –
- Roger Corman – It was speculated that she had a fling with director, producer, and actor, Roger Corman, in the past.
- David Shire (1970-1980) – Talia Shire married songwriter and composer, David Shire, in the year 1970 and the duo had a son named Matt Shire (Matthew Orlando Shire) who was born in 1975. However, after being married for almost a decade, the couple got divorced in 1980.
- Jack Schwartzman (1980-1994) – In 1980, Talia Shire married film producer Jack Schwartzman and the duo was blessed with 2 sons, namely, Jason Schwartzman (Jason Francesco Schwartzman) (born 1980) and Robert Schwartzman (Robert Carmine Schwartzman) (born 1982). Jack and Talia remained together until the time of his death on June 15, 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
Talia Shire is of Italian descent.
- Often sported forehead bangs
- Petite frame
Talia Shire has appeared in the TV commercial for Geico Insurance between 2006 and 2007.
Talia Shire Facts
- She made her first film appearance by having been cast as June – Katherine’s Friend in the action-drama film, The Wild Racers, in 1968.
- She made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Lydia #3 in an episode, titled Child’s Play, of the comedy series, My World and Welcome to It, in March 1970.
- Talia Shire gained immense popularity with her portrayal of the character named Connie Corleone, Vito Corleone’s daughter and youngest child whose wedding opens The Godfather, in The Godfather series. For this role, she was nominated for an Academy Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category.
- She starred as Adrian Pennino in the Rocky film series alongside actor Sylvester Stallone and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
Featured Image by ABC Television / eBay / Public Domain