|Tamzin Merchant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1987|
Tamzin Merchant is an English actress, writer, producer, director, and stage artist who is known for having played various roles in films and shows like Anne Hale in Salem, Catherine Howard in The Tudors, Imogen Spurnrose in Carnival Row, Lyra Strayd in Supergirl, Rhonu in Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer’s Curse, and Georgiana Darcy in Pride & Prejudice.
Tamzin Claire Merchant
Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Tamzin Merchant studied at Windlesham House School, an independent boarding and day school located in Pulborough, West Sussex, England, as well as at Brighton College which is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school located in Brighton, England.
Apart from that, Tamzin Merchant also graduated from Homerton College, Cambridge which is a constituent college of the University of Cambridge.
Actress, Writer, Producer, Director, Stage Artist
Tamzin Merchant is represented by Tavistock Wood Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamzin Merchant has dated –
- Freddie Fox (2011-2013) – She went out with actor Freddie Fox between the years 2011 and 2013 and they were also seen together in public a couple of times.
Race / Ethnicity
- Lean body
- Beauty spot on her cheek
- Deep-set eyes
Tamzin Merchant Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Tamzin Merchant Facts
- She has spent some time living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Tamzin Merchant made her first theatrical film appearance by portraying the character of Georgiana Darcy in the 2005 romance film, Pride & Prejudice, which starred the likes of Keira Knightley, Donald Sutherland, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone, Talulah Riley, Carey Mulligan, and Judi Dench.
- In 2006, she appeared in the music video for the song “If You Got the Money” by Jamie T.
- She was cast in the music video for the song titled “Song 4 Mutya (Out of Control)” by Groove Armada featuring Mutya Buena in 2007.
- In July 2008, Tamzin Merchant made her first TV show appearance by bringing to life the character of Helena in an episode, titled Army of God, of the serial drama show, Bonekickers, which revolved around a team of archaeologists.
- She has showcased her poetic gifts by writing poems such as “Where Does Revenge Stop?” and “Ode to a Toilet” for Platforms Magazine.
- It was Tamzin Merchant who was going to play the role of Daenerys Targaryen in the popular American fantasy drama television series, Game of Thrones, and she even acted in the pilot episode. However, she was later replaced by Emilia Clarke.
- She has been a dedicated patron of Build Africa (formerly known as International Care & Relief (ICR)) which is a British registered international development and education charity based in London, England, United Kingdom.
- Her theatre credits include having played a couple of roles like Jackie in Hay Fever at Queens’ College, Cambridge and Sister 3 in Dahling You Were Marvellous at ADC Theatre.
- Tamzin Merchant made an appearance in the music video for the song “Nobody’s Empire” by Belle and Sebastian in 2014.
- She has served as the director, producer, and writer for projects like American Carnage, American Pride, and American Virgin.
- She has also managed to earn a decent social media fan base with more than 20k followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Kate Merchant / Wikimedia / GNU FDL