|Tate Donovan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tate Donovan is an American actor, voice actor, director, producer and musician who came into prominence after portraying the role of Owen in the sitcom Partners (1995–1996). He gained further popularity by appearing in several other TV shows including The O.C. (2003–2006) and Damages (2007–2010) and by starring in numerous movies such as Inside Monkey Zetterland (1992) that had earned him a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for “Best Supporting Male”. Donovan has worked as the director for many television programs like Gossip Girl (2010–2011), and has been the producer as well of a number of films, such as 30 for 30 Shorts for which he had bagged the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction or Reality Series”. He has also been known for voicing various characters including the lead Hercules, in Disney’s mythological movie Hercules (1997) as well as in several video games like the series of the Kingdom Hearts (2006, 2010, 2014 and 2019). Tate is also an accomplished musician, having released the album Wake Amusements in the past with the traditional Irish band McGuffins.
Tate Buckley Donovan
Tenafly, New Jersey, United States
He went to Dwight-Englewood School in Englewood in New Jersey. He then attended Tenafly High School after which he got enrolled in the USC School of Dramatic Arts.
Actor, Voice actor, Director, Producer, Musician
- Father – John Timothy Donovan (Surgeon)
- Mother – Eileen Frances née McAllister
- Siblings – He has 5 older siblings.
He has been represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
His net worth was $5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sandra Bullock (1990-1994)
- Jennifer Aniston (1995–1998)
- Plum Sikes (2000)
- Whitney Allen (2001)
- Lauren Graham (2002)
- Corinne Kingsbury (2005-2008) – He tied the knot with writer Corinne Kingsbury on a Malibu, California beach on November 26, 2005. They got divorced in 2008.
- Corry Scheuerman – He married Corry Scheuerman and became stepfather to her son.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent on his father’s side of the family and of Irish and German descent on his mother’s side.
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp nose
- Tall stature
He has voiced radio and video advertising for a number of brands like PNC Financial Services.
Tate Donovan Favorite Things
Source – PopCultureClassics.com
Tate Donovan Facts
- He has recalled that when he was four years old, his parents had taken him to a movie at the Bergen Theatre in Tenafly in New Jersey, that was like a medieval knights film. When Tate had seen a bunch of the knights on the screen, he had become convinced that he had to do that having realized at the same time that everyone else must crave to do it too thereby getting an inkling of the tough competition there really would be. He has felt grateful that his luck favored him and he could make a career out of acting.
- He is able to play the fiddle as well as the hand-held Irish drum called the bodhran.
- Donovan has stated that the best experiences he has had as an actor have all been at the theatre. Rehearsing, working with writers and directors, and then finally putting up the play in front of a full house has brought him ecstasy.
Featured Image by Tate Donovan / Instagram