|Ted DiBiase Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1954|
Ted DiBiase is an American former professional wrestler, manager, ordained minister, and color commentator who is best known for being the father of 3 well-known wrestlers Mike, Ted Jr., and Brett DiBiase. Aside from that, he also earned himself a lot of fame as the best technical wrestler and also one of the greatest villains in the history of professional wrestling.
Theodore Marvin DiBiase
Ted DiBiase, The Million Dollar Man, Teddy Dee, Money
Miami, Florida, United States
Clinton, Mississippi, United States
DiBiase attended the Creighton Preparatory High School in Omaha, Nebraska. Later, he began attending West Texas State University. However, he decided to drop out.
He has been trained under the watchful eye of professional wrestlers Dory Funk, Jr. and Terry Funk.
- Father – Ted Wills (Entertainer, Singer)
- Mother – Helen Nevins (Professional Wrestler, Model)
- Others – “Iron” Mike DiBiase (Step-Father) (Professional Wrestler)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
118 kg or 260 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ted has dated –
- Jaynet Foreman (1973-1980) – He tied the knot with Jaynet Forman on December 21, 1973. With her, Ted had his first son named Michael Wills Foreman DiBiase II (b. September 10, 1977).
- Melanie DiBiase (1981-Present) – Ted got married to Melanie Kennedy on December 31, 1981. The couple has 2 children named Theodore Marvin DiBiase Jr. (b. November 8, 1982) and Brett DiBiase (b. March 16, 1988).
Race / Ethnicity
He has German and English ancestry.
Salt and pepper
- He sports a boxed shaped beard and a pair of rectangular-shaped reading glasses.
- Large physical appearance
- Deep bass-baritone voice
He has been featured in commercials for various brands including Progressive Corporation.
Ted DiBiase Facts
- He was brought up in Florida.
- Wrestling came naturally to DiBiase, as his mother Helen and step-father “Iron” Mike DiBiase were both well-known professional wrestlers.
- Ted’s adoptive father “Iron” Mike DiBiase passed away when DiBiase was 15 years old He suffered a heart attack while in the ring. After that, Ted lost his mother to depression and alcoholism and went on to live with his grandparents in Willcox, Arizona.
- He was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.
- Growing up, he took a liking to football and also a received football scholarship to attend West Texas State University. However, he decided to quit college and start a career in wrestling after having suffered an injury.
- Ted was billed into the wrestling industry from Omaha, Nebraska.
- Initially, Ted started off his wrestling career as a referee in June 1974, in the Amarillo territory.
- His finishing move was called the “Million Dollar Dream”.
- He is the former leader of the Million Dollar Corporation.
- Ted is an ordained minister and the founder of the Heart of David Ministry.
- With time, he has published a number of books including Every Man Has His Price, The Million Dollar Man, and Penholder.
Featured Image By Megan Elice Meadows / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0