|Ted Sarandos Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1964|
Ted Sarandos is an American businessman who is best known as the co-chief executive officer and chief content officer of Netflix, overseeing the company’s original programming and entertainment divisions.
Theodore Anthony Sarandos Jr.
Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
Hancock Park, Wilshire, Los Angeles, California, United States
Ted had studied at the Alhambra High School in his hometown of Phoenix. He had later attended the Glendale Community College, a public community college in Glendale, Arizona. He had then joined Arizona State University, a public research university in Phoenix.
- Father – Theodore Sarandos Sr. (Electrician)
- Siblings – He has 3 older sisters and a younger brother.
- Others – Clarence Avant (Father-in-Law) (Music Executive, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, Former Chairman of Motown Records), Jacqueline ‘Jackie’ Avant (née Alberta Gray) (Mother-in-Law), Alexander Devore Avant (Brother-in-Law), Ann M. Avant (Aunt-in-Law), Brenda Avant (Aunt-in-Law), Paul A. Avant (Uncle-in-Law), William E. Avant (Uncle-in-Law), Weldon L. Avant (Uncle-in-Law), Linda Woods (Aunt-in-Law), Harold L. Avant (Uncle-in-Law)
Ted Sarandos’ net worth had been $250 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ted has dated –
- Michelle Sarandos – Through his past marriage with Michelle, Ted has 2 children – a daughter named Sarah Sarandos and a son named Tony Sarandos.
- Nicole Avant (2009-Present) – Ted had married diplomat Nicole Avant in 2009. She was the United States ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009 to 2011. In 2010, the couple had purchased a Hollywood residence for USD 5.4 million from Tunisia-born fashion designer Max Azria. They had sold it in 2017 for USD 8.825 million. In 2013, they had purchased a beach house in Malibu, California, for USD 10.2 million. The property was formerly owned by actor and stand-up comedian David Spade.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek descent on his father’s side.
- Stocky frame
- Shot-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Puffy face
Ted Sarandos Facts
- Ted’s paternal grandfather had emigrated to the United States from the Greek island of Samos, as a youngster. He had also changed his family name from Kariotakis to Sarandos.
- As a teenager, Ted used to work at a video store which had helped him develop an instinct for what kind of movies and TV shows people enjoyed watching.
- For an article that was published in his high school newspaper, he had interviewed the actor Ed Asner who had visited Phoenix for a local Screen Actors Guild meeting. Ed had been kind enough to introduce Ted to many other people in the entertainment industry, for further interviews.
- In 1983, he had become the store manager of the Arizona Video Cassettes West chain and had managed 8 retail video stores until 1988. In 1988, he had become the western regional director of sales and operations for East Texas Distributors (ETD), one of the largest video distributors in the United States.
- He had later become the vice-president of product and merchandising at West Coast Video. He had held that position until March 2000 when he had joined the pay-TV over-the-top (OTT) media service and original programming production company Netflix.
Featured Image by Ted Sarandos / Instagram