|Thom Browne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1965|
Thom Browne is an American fashion designer who is best known as the founder and head designer of his self-titled menswear and womenswear brand that is based in New York City. One of the most well-respected fashion designers in the United States, he has won the ‘GQ Designer of the Year’ award (2008), the ‘Cooper Hewitt National Design Award’ (2012), and the ‘CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) Menswear Designer of the Year’ award (2016, 2013, 2006).
Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Thom had attended the William Allen High School, one of the 3 large urban public schools in his hometown of Allentown. After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Notre Dame, a private Catholic research university in Notre Dame, Indiana. He had graduated from there with a degree in economics.
- Father – James Browne
- Siblings – Pat Browne (Older Brother) (Politician, Republican Member of the Pennsylvania State Senate). He has 5 other siblings.
- Others – Heather Browne (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Thom has dated –
- Andrew Bolton (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Thom Browne Facts
- Thom had a deep interest in both fashion and sports from a very young age. At university, he was a member of the swimming team.
- After graduating from university, he had moved briefly to Los Angeles to try his hand at acting. He had moved to New York City in 1997 and taken up a job as a salesman in renowned fashion designer Giorgio Armani’s showroom. He was later hired by Club Monaco, a brand of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation, to head its creative development team. There, he had had several opportunities to assist Ralph Lauren himself. After several years leading Club Monaco‘s design department, he had launched his label.
- In September 2006, he had partnered with Brooks Brothers, the oldest apparel brand in continuous operation in the United States, to create and distribute a 50-piece men’s and women’s high-end collection. It was named ‘Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers‘ and was featured exclusively in 30 Brooks Brothers stores across the globe, beginning in September 2007. In July 2008, buoyed by the line’s success, Brooks Brothers had announced that they would continue this partnership for another 3 years. They had also opened a standalone Black Fleece store in New York City’s West Village.
- He had designed former First Lady Michelle Obama‘s ensemble for the 2013 Inauguration Day.
- In August 2018, Italian luxury fashion house Zegna had purchased 85% of the Thom Browne brand at a half-billion-dollar valuation. This was a part of Zegna‘s vision of capturing a younger demographic and reaching new markets. Thom remained the only other shareholder, with 15% of the brand, continuing as the brand’s chief creative officer.
- In September 2020, he had designed a scarf for Joe Biden‘s ‘Believe in Better’ fashion collection, as part of the politician’s eventually successful 2020 presidential campaign.
Featured Image by Thom Browne / Instagram