|Thom Yorke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1968|
Thom Yorke is an English musician who is best known for his work as the main vocalist and songwriter of the iconic rock band Radiohead. He was inducted into the ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ in 2019.
Thomas Edward Yorke
Thom, Sisi Bakbak, Tchock, The White Chocolate Farm, Zachariah Wildwood, Thmx
Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England, United Kingdom
Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Thom had attended several schools in the early part of his childhood due to the nature of his father’s work. In 1978, he had started attending the Standlake Primary School in Oxfordshire. He had later attended the Abingdon School, an independent boys’ school, again in Oxfordshire. After his high school graduation, he had taken a gap year to pursue his dream of becoming a professional musician. He had eventually joined the University of Exeter, where he had studied English and Fine Arts.
- Father – Graham R. J. Yorke (Chemical Equipment Salesman, Former Nuclear Physicist)
- Mother – Barbara Yorke (née Sly)
- Siblings – Andy Yorke (Younger Brother) (Musician)
Alternative Rock, IDM, Electronic, Experimental Rock[
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- XL Recordings
- Warner Records Inc.
- EMI Group Limited
- Xurbia Xendless
- Parlophone Records Limited
- Ticker Tape
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thom has dated –
- Alex Elliot
- Justine Frischmann
- Rachel Owen (1992–2016) – Thom had started dating Welsh photographer, printmaker, and lecturer Rachel Owen in 1992. They had first met while they were both students at the University of Exeter. They got married in May 2003 in Oxfordshire, in a secret ceremony. They had 2 children together – a son named Noah Yorke (b. 2001) and a daughter named Agnes Yorke (b. 2004). In August 2015, they had announced an amicable separation after more than 2 decades of relationship. Rachel died of cancer on December 18, 2016.
- Dajana Roncione (2017-Present) – Thom began dating Italian actress Dajana Roncione in 2017. They got married in September 2020, in a ceremony in Bagheria, Sicily.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Sports a rugged beard
- Center-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
Thom Yorke Facts
- Thom was born with a paralyzed left eye and had undergone 5 operations by the time he had turned 6 years old, to correct the condition. The last of those operations went wrong leaving him with a drooping eyelid. He had then decided against further surgery.
- A year later, his parents had gifted him a guitar to divert his attention. By the time he had turned 10, he had learned to not just play the guitar but also create one on his own. A year later, aged 11, he had joined his first band and had written his first song.
- While he was studying at Abingdon School, he had formed a band called On a Friday, with his schoolmates. It was named so because Friday was the only day that they were allowed to practice music.
- During the time that he had taken a gap year after his high school graduation, he had met with a serious accident that influenced the lyrics of many of his later songs.
Featured Image by Thom Yorke / Instagram