|Tom Burke Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1981|
Tom Burke is an English actor and theatre artist who is known for having been cast as Athos in The Musketeers, Dolokhov in War & Peace, Cormoran Strike in Strike, Orson Welles in Mank, Napoleon Bonaparte in Heroes and Villains, Ronald Cartland in In Love with Barbara, Julian Britton in The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Anthony in The Souvenir, Geoff Goddard in Telstar, John ‘Baggy’ Bagley in I Want Candy, Mr. George Wharton Robinson in The Invisible Woman, and Billy in Only God Forgives. In addition to that, the actor has also been a part of theatre productions like Romeo and Juliet, I’ll Be The Devil, Don Juan Comes Back From the War, Reasons to be Happy, Restoration, Deep Blue Sea, Macbeth, The Cut, Scenes from an Execution, The Doctor’s Dilemma, and Rosmersholm.
Tom Liam Benedict Burke
London, England, United Kingdom
Tom Burke trained at the National Youth Theatre and the Young Arden Theatre in Faversham. He also attended a dance school as well as the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – David Burke (Actor)
- Mother – Anna Calder-Marshall (Stage, Film, and Television Actress)
- Others – Patrick Burke (Paternal Grandfather), Mary (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Calder-Marshall (Maternal Grandfather) (Novelist, Essayist, Critic, Memoirist, Biographer), Ara Calder-Marshall (Maternal Grandmother)
Tom Burke has been signed with –
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Tom Burke is of Irish, English, Scottish, and German descent.
Sports a beard
Tom Burke Favorite Things
- Film – Rust and Bone (2012)
Source – IMDb
Tom Burke Facts
- He was raised in Kent.
- He was born with a cleft lip and had reconstructive surgery.
- Tom Burke was diagnosed with dyslexia when he was a child and this affected his academic growth. Eventually, he left school before his A-levels because he “couldn’t stand the idea of that” and thought he “wouldn’t survive it”.
- He was cast as Adolph in Creditors at the Donmar Warehouse in 2008 and this performance won him the 2008 Ian Charleson Award.
- As soon as he left school, Tom secured the first role he ever auditioned for.
- Alongside Honor Swinton Byrne and Tilda Swinton, he co-starred as Anthony, a well-to-do-man who works at the Foreign Office, in the 2019 drama film, The Souvenir, for which he was nominated for a British Independent Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- Tom Burke’s godparents were actor and director Alan Rickman and actress Bridget Turner.