TXT is a South Korean boy band formed by Big Hit Entertainment which made its debut on March 4, 2019. It consists of 5 members including Choi Soo-bin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Kang Tae-hyun, and Huening Kai and they have released a couple of albums, extended plays, and tracks which have gained them huge success as well as several awards and nominations.
- Choi Soo-bin
- Kang Tae-hyun
- Huening Kai
Seoul, South Korea
K-Pop, Hip Hop
Big Hit Entertainment, Co., Republic Records
The band announced its first 6-show debut showcase, in cities including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Orlando, and Atlanta, in April 2019 and the tickets to all the shows were sold out in less than 10 minutes.
The popular boy band has flourished greatly in the music industry and has released many albums, EPs, and tracks including The Dream Chapter: Magic, The Dream Chapter: Star, Our Summer, Cat & Dog, and several others.
- ‘TXT’ stands for “Tomorrow X Together” and it signifies the band’s 5 members who “come together under one dream in hopes of building a new tomorrow”.
- TXT‘s Korean name is “투모로우바이투게더 (RR: Tumoroubaitugedeo)”
- The band was finally revealed on January 10, 2019, by Big Hit Entertainment and it debuted by releasing the EP titled “The Dream Chapter: Star” on March 4, 2019.
- The extended play, The Dream Chapter: Star, comprised of songs such as Blue Orangeade, Our Summer, and Nap of a Star and peaked the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart. It was also ranked at number #3 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart, and at number #11 in the French Digital Albums (SNEP) chart.
- TXT‘s first single titled ‘Crown’ broke the record and its music video became the most viewed K-Pop debut music video within 24 hours for a boy group.
- It was just after a week of their official debut that the band debuted at number #1 in the Billboard Emerging Artists, World Albums, and World Digital Song Sales chart and also made its debut at number #140 on the Billboard 200 chart for the first time which made it the fastest K-Pop group to appear in the charts and highest-charting debut album by any male K-pop group.
- The boy band released its first studio album, The Dream Chapter: Magic, on October 21, 2019, via Big Hit Entertainment and it included songs such as 9 and Three Quarters (Run Away), Can’t We Just Leave the Monster Alive?, and Magic Island.
- TXT‘s debut studio album, The Dream Chapter: Magic, was ranked at number #1 in South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #3 in US World Albums (Billboard), at number #22 in Australian Digital Albums (ARIA) chart, and at number #29 in UK Digital Albums (OCC) chart.
- While appearing on MBC’s “Section TV”, TXT members revealed that they prefer to be called by the band’s full name and not just as ‘TXT’.
- Some of the awards won by TXT include the Genie Music Award, Asia Artist Award, Golden Disc Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, V Live Award, Brand of the Year Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, and Melon Music Award.
- The boy band has also amassed an impressive fan base across the globe as well as enjoy a huge social media fan base with more than 8 million followers on Instagram, more than 5 million followers on Twitter, more than 4 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
Featured Image by Dispatch / YouTube / CC BY 3.0
The post TXT (Band) Members, Tour, Information, Facts appeared first on Healthy Celeb.