|Vanessa Ponce Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vanessa Ponce is a Mexican model and beauty pageant contestant who had won the ‘Miss Mexico City’ and ‘Miss Mexico’ titles in 2018. The latter win had qualified her to represent Mexico at the ‘Miss World’ beauty pageant in December 2018 where she had become the first Mexican to be crowned ‘Miss World’.
Silvia Vanessa Ponce de León Sánchez
Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Vanessa, after her high school graduation, had joined the Universidad de Guanajuato (University of Guanajuato), a public university in the state of Guanajuato, Mexico. She had studied international commerce there and had earned a degree in International Business. She had later attended the Centro de Investigación Social Avanzada (CISAV) (Center for Advanced Social Research), a university in Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico. She had earned a diploma in human rights from there.
Model, Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mexican descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Vanessa Ponce Facts
- Born and raised primarily in Mexico City, Vanessa had lived for about 10 years in the State of Aguascalientes, Mexico, and then for 5 years in the State of Guanajuato. She had eventually returned to her hometown of Mexico City for her work and settled there.
- In 2014, she had participated in the 5th season of the competitive reality TV series Mexico’s Next Top Model. She went on to win the season, winning a cash prize of MXN 300k, USD 50k worth of Mary Kay cosmetics, USD 125K worth of Tommy Hilfiger apparel, a Volkswagen Tiguan, and an appearance at the New York Fashion Week. Her win had also earned her a modeling contract with Queta Rojas management and an editorial spread in the renowned Glamour magazine.
- In 2016, she had given up her modeling career briefly and had started working with several nonprofit organizations that were helping people suffering from disabilities and girls undergoing rehabilitation in Mexico.
- While she was competing in the ‘Miss World 2018’ pageant, she had promoted her pet project named Na Vili through which she was working to help the children of the indigenous Mexican day laborers who had emigrated from the State of Guerrero, Mexico to the State of Guanajuato. She also used to work in a school named Nenemi that was working for the intercultural education for indigenous people.
- When she won the ‘Miss World 2018’ title, she was 26 years and 276 days old and was the oldest contestant to clinch the title. The previous record was held by Polish dancer and beauty queen Aneta Kręglicka who was 24 years old and 244 days old when she was crowned ‘Miss World’ in 1989. As of June 2021, Vanessa had held the record.
- She is a competent swimmer and a licensed open-water scuba diver. Her other hobbies and interests include playing volleyball and painting. She is also a fan of Ultimate Frisbee, a low-contact team sport.
- Her favorite Mexican dish is the quesadilla.
Featured Image by Vanessa Ponce / Instagram