|Wayne Messam Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1974|
Wayne Messam is an American former football player, businessman, and politician who is known for being the 10th mayor of Miramar, Florida. In addition to that, he also ran for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2020 United States presidential election but dropped out of the presidential run on November 20, 2019.
Wayne Martin Messam
South Bay, Palm Beach County, Florida, United States
Miramar, Broward County, Florida, United States
Wayne Messam studied at Glades Central High School, a high school located in Belle Glade, Florida. After that, he got enrolled at Florida State University and played as a wide receiver for the Florida State Seminoles from 1993 through 1996. In 1997, he graduated from the university with a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems.
Former Football Player, Businessman, Politician, Producer
- Father – Hubert (Used to cut sugarcane)
- Mother – Delsey V. Messam
- Siblings – Wayne Messam has 3 older siblings and 1 younger sibling.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wayne Messam has dated –
- Angela Messam – He is married to Angela Messam and the duo parents 3 children, which include twin daughters named Kayla and Kyla and a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Wayne Messam is of African-Jamaican descent.
Wayne Messam Facts
- He was his parent’s first child to have been born in the United States.
- He spent his childhood years in South Bay, Florida.
- During his time being a part of the Florida State Seminoles, Wayne Messam was included in the 1993 national championship team and caught 62 passes for 793 yards and 4 touchdowns.
- Despite his interest in the game, he was not selected in the 1997 NFL Draft. Later, he signed a contract with the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent.
- Cincinnati Bengals released him on August 4, 1997.
- He assumed office as the 10th Mayor of Miramar on April 1, 2015.
- Initially, Wayne Messam reacted to the reports stating that he was considering a bid for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020 citing that “all options will remain on the table.” Later on, he announced his candidacy for the presidential run on March 28, 2019.
- The first quarter donations for his presidential campaign amounted to $43,531. The campaign was unable to receive many donations and suffered a lack of funds.
- Wayne Messam wrapped up his presidential campaign on November 20, 2019, because he did not qualify for any Democratic debate as well as he was not classified as a “major candidate” by outlets such as FiveThirtyEight.
- He has amassed a decent social media fan base with more than 15k followers on Twitter.
- Wayne Messam has served as the producer for the documentary titled “I Talk to Strangers”.
- He is very passionate about his health and works out on a regular basis.
- He has also appeared on shows like Let’s Chat Live with Lawrence Farry and New Day.
Featured Image by Government Unit of the U.S. State of Florida / U.S. State Government Work / Public Domain