Donald Cherry, former Canadian ice hockey player, NHL coach, and commentator. Moreover, he came into limelight during the time period of these 19 years. Later he worked as an NHL coach after he had gained quite an experience. In the year1954, he began playing ice hockey until 1972.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Don Cherry?
Former Canadian ice hockey player, NHL coach, and commentator, Don has an estimated net worth around $14 million as of 2019. From his professional career as an ice hockey player, Don Cherry earns a salary of around $2 million to $3 million depending on the team annually on average.
Similarly, he has earned about $1 million per year salary when he worked as a coach of a team. After that, he worked as a commentator which also has a salary around the same range. His prime source of income is his professional career. The story changed when he took retirement.
After a few years of retirement, he acted as a coach. Finally, he has taken retirement after engaging himself into commentating live matches of ice hockey. Currently, he is living a luxurious life singly.
His Personal Life
He had divorced his wife, Rose. The couple married in the year 1957. From their relationship, the former couple shared a first-child Cindy baby girl. Unfortunately, his wife died in the year 1997. His wife Rose cause of death due to liver cancer. After that, he married for the second time with Luba Cherry.
Don Cherry is a Canadian former ice hockey commentator. Similarly, he a retired professional hockey player as well as National Hockey League (NHL) coach. He started his professional career when he played junior hockey with Barrie Flyers and Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey Association.
After that, he won the title for the best defender in the match and awarded Memorial Cup. Similarly, he had a long playing career in professional minor hockey, and in 1955 played his only NHL game. He is a strong supporter of Sidney Crosby, who is also a Canadian ice hockey player.
He started coaching after his playing career was over, that was in 1972. Before that, he struggled for a time as a Cadillac salesman and a construction worker. Likewise, he had worked as a house painter earning $2 per hour. In the year 1972, he finally became the coach of American Hockey League’s Rochester Americans and won Coach of the Year.
He became a commentator on the same sport after he took retirement from coaching. Now he is enjoying his mid-80’s later took retirement with heavy net worth.
- Don Cherry was born on February 5, 1934, as Donald Stewart Cherry in Kingston, Ontario.
- As of 2019, his age is 85 years old while his birth sign is Aquarius.
- Cheery is the son of his parents’ Delmar (Del) and Maude Cherry.
- His father is an amateur athlete who also worked as an electrician with the Canadian Steamship Lines.
- Don holds Canadian nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
- Similarly, his sibling brother Dick Cherry is also a professional ice hockey player.
- Don’s wife Rose died in the year 1997 due to liver cancer.
- After that, he married Luba Cherry and shared a daughter from his previous relationship.
- Don has an estimated net worth of around $14 million as of 2019.
- He stands at a height of 5 feet and 9 inches.
- Similarly, he is active on Instagram and Twitter.