|Zoë Belkin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1993|
Zoë Belkin is a Canadian actress who burst into the limelight with her guest appearance as Gina in the TV series Flashpoint (2009). She solidified her fame by appearing in several other programs like Family’s teen sitcom The Latest Buzz (2007-2010) in which she essayed the part of the reporter Rebecca Harper. Zoë has starred in a number of films as well, including the 2013 remake of the classic Stephen King horror movie Carrie and Perfect Sisters (2014).
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
She went to the Forest Hill Collegiate Institute in Toronto. After that, she completed her education by attending Queen’s University in Kingston in Ontario where she studied Film and Media, having stated that her time at Queen’s had greatly enhanced her love for the arts.
She has been represented by Paradigm Talent Agency and Link Entertainment.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Mole on her left cheek
- High cheekbones
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Kaise Dyes.
Zoë Belkin Favorite Things
- Place To Write And Read Scripts – Ella’s Uncle
- Pastime – Being with friends in the West End
Source – TorontoGuardian.com
Zoë Belkin Facts
- Her first introduction to acting had been through her grandmother who, at the time, used to do makeup on Second City Television for the famous stars. She would bring Zoë to her film sets when she was as little as four, and Zoë used to know since then that she wanted to be an actress. Due to time constraints, she had to wait until she turned 11 years old, to start her acting classes. When she was 12 years old, Belkin got an agent and had begun to audition for roles, landing her first breakthrough one on the television show The Latest Buzz, at the age of 13.
- Zoë was in the show The Latest Buzz during her first couple of years at the Forest Hill Collegiate Institute. She would have to miss classes for up to 5 weeks at a time and she used to work with a tutor between takes.
- Zoë has credited her high school drama teacher for assisting her to juggle her passion for acting and her studies.
- She has admitted that while shooting for the possession-based family horror drama Isabelle (2018), she never tried to scare or prank her co-star Amanda Crew while on set, but instead, they would laugh a lot. Zoë has recalled that there were two houses directly across from each other, where everything got filmed, and she playing the part of Isabelle Pelway, had to look at Amanda through the window. Doing the same shot every day, of herself staring at her co-star for so long, would end up amusing them when they would burst into laughter.
- She has relished horror movies such as The Others (2001) and The Exorcist (1973).
- Zoë has been an ardent painter in oil and acrylics, having taken painting classes at OCAD. She has even set up a studio where she can work on her paintings. She has also enjoyed writing poetry and short stories and has often worked on movie scripts. Zoë has liked to rehearse her lines for auditions in the local coffee shops or the Trinity Bellwoods Park.
Featured Image by Zoë Belkin / Instagram