|Zuri Adele Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1990|
Zuri Adele is an American actress who came into prominence after playing Michelle in the short film Russian Roulette (2010). She went on to gain critical acclaim for her role as Malika Williams on the Freeform television comedy-drama Good Trouble, having debuted in its pilot episode in 2019. Adele has been known for her work with several leading theatres like the True Colors Theatre in Atlanta and the Tony Award-winning Alliance Theatre. Zuri has taught acting workshops at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa, and endeavored to provide opportunities for students to network as well as study internationally. She is the recipient of many honors and accolades such as the Roger Bobb Scholarship that was awarded to her by The Black Women Film Network in 2012. Zuri has amassed more than 60k followers on Instagram.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
She attended Gunn High School in Palo Alto, graduating in 2008 being a winner of the Gunn High School Faculty Cup. She then went to Spelman College in Atlanta and acquired her BA degree in Drama. She later studied at the British American Drama Academy in London after which she returned to California and enrolled at the University of California in Los Angeles, and completed her MFA degree in Acting.
- Father – Darryl Alladice (Poet, Writer)
- Mother – Elaine Ray (Author)
She has been represented by –
- Ascend PR Group
- Kyle Fritz Management
- Pakula/King & Associates
- John V. Meigs
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large and expressive eyes
- High cheekbones
- Tattoos on her body
Zuri Adele Favorite Things
- Word – Boundaries, having loved learning about conflict resolution and placed importance on setting the boundaries when the energy has not felt aligned, and being aware of the doses in which she can be around a particular person or in a certain kind of space
Source – Essence
Zuri Adele Facts
- Her family had shifted to California, where she was raised.
- Zuri has 2 hometowns that have consisted of Boston, Massachusetts, and Palo Alto, California.
- Adele has disclosed that she never had a particular coming-out moment as she had never felt closeted. When she would come back home from school and talk to her mother about somebody she had a crush on, her mother would enquire about looks and traits and casually ask if the person was a boy or a girl as that was never a big deal. That approach had a huge impact on Zuri, as she otherwise would not have felt safe presenting her true sexual inclination in a homophobic society.
- Zuri has recalled that when she was first signed on to Good Trouble, she got blown away as her character Malika felt like a soulmate of hers. She had read the script and concluded, that was the assignment destined for her. It had given her great pleasure knowing what the creators were standing for, and what their aims were in terms of exposing the liberation movement, as those were all the things she has been passionate about.
Featured Image by Zuri Adele / Instagram